“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
For a very long time, human beings have operated under an “us versus them” idea. In traditional maps, nations are seen to be separated from one another by vast, intimidating oceans. Traditional maps can also become a symbol of the north-south divide, where the northern hemisphere is superior to the southern hemisphere -- a power struggle that hurts the global south economically, culturally, and politically.
A man called Buckminster Fuller did not think this was right. He did not bother to make changes on the traditional map; instead, he put it away and made a completely new one. This is how the Dymaxion Map came into being. The Dymaxion Map is a projection of the world map onto the surface of an icosahedron, showing our planet Earth as one big island surrounded by one ocean. It’s a symbol of unity and equality, a visual representation of Earth that makes you feel valid and present, as though the world is big enough to be small. On the Dymaxion Map, the world is a place where everyone belongs.
With We R One World’s world simulator and map simulation games, you (acting as a nation or global organisation) get to manage resources, analyse trends, cooperate with peers, and solve international-scale problems using the Dymaxion Map as your guide towards a renewed perspective on the world.
Based on Buckminster Fuller’s World GameThis one-day live-action role play and geography/map game will:
1. Assign you a nation-state or global organisation whose interests you have to represent
2. Encourage you to cooperate with other nation-states and organisations in solving a common problem
3. Enable you to further enhance your personal, interpersonal, and professional skills, especially communication and problem solving
4. Give you a new perspective on global crises and solution-making, challenging “to each his own” nation-state solutions with a more holistic “total world” view
5. See fellow participants as equals whose unique tasks altogether align towards the same goal and allow you to apply this mindset to your mission as a citizen of the world
Up Your Game with Our Map Simulation Games Now
Playing We R One World is an experience like no other. Around one hundred participants get to run the world for a day, working together to, as Buckminster Fuller said, “make the world work for 100% of humanity.”
Ready for the world simulator game experience? Call us now at +61 414 303 511 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also leave us a message on the contact form on our website.